queston about the digi doc 5

Tuk

Reaction score
i was wondering would it be posable to rig up a few case lites to this bad boy i only got 5 case fans and 2 light just kinda wondering if i could hok the fans up normaly then set the light on 2 of the free slots if i could i just just put the coisponding probe somewhere out of the way and turn the light on and off via the force right ??? well just wondering if anyone had tried this and might have a bit of feedback for me thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not sure... I think it would be possible, but you'd need a correct value resistor in series with your Light

Reaction score
When you say case lights do you mean cold cathodes? if so then yes it will be fine just make sure you check the power consumption first to be 100% sure.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry - I was assuming LEDs in my answer, but you'd probably mean Cold Cathodes like Richard said!

I dont think you could use CC's, unless you want to use some external circuitry of your own, as it is only designed to power case fans, and I *think* that a Cold Cathode will use up more power. I could be wrong, so again, as richard says, check the power usage. 8)

Ask a Question