Striker II NSE w/ Fusion Block System

Reaction score
Striker II NSE

Fusion Block System

Regarding the fusion waterblock system, does it work straight off the bat or does it require further modification by the user in order to work?

I ordered my components (most of which have arrived) including the Striker II NSE mobo and it does come with the glass test tubes/reservoirs and fasterners. So it would seem obvious that you need to buy a coolant solution to place in the glass tubes in order to use the fusion waterblock. However I am a novice when it comes to watercooling, just wondering if some one could elaborate on how fusion block works.

In the manual regarding installing 'optional fans' (included in the box), it states :-

Instal TWO optional fans when you are using a water cooler to obtain better heat dissipation. Installing the optional fans with an active CPU cooler will interfere with the airflow and destabilise the system

Firstly what is an 'active CPU cooler'? Secondly given that the case I will use is a NZXT 'Lexa' which features four fans (3x 120mm front/side/rear and 1x 80mm top); do I need to install the ASUS optional fan?

Reaction score
You connect the fusion block to your existing water cooling loop.
The optional fans are to be installed on to the copper heat sinks if you use a water cooling system.
An active CPU cooler is your stock fan that came with the processor or the aftermarket cooler with fans, like the Zalman CNPS 9700 CPU cooler.
Basically what they say is that if you use an active CPU cooler and then install the optional fans, you might be blowing hot air from the northbridge/southbridge heatsinks onto the CPU cooler which will raise the temps. Well it dependson how you are cooling your CPU.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Phaeton has pretty much covered it.....but am I right in thinking you don't actually have a CPU watercooling kit?

If not then you will need one if you want to use water cooling for the fusion block (which cools the chipsets etc)

However as the chipsets are also passively cooled by heatsinks you don't need to use water - its just there as an option for those going down the watercooling route.

You will be fine not using water, unless you are seeking to achieve high overclocks then it is something you need to consider not only for the fusion block but the CPU too.

Ask a Question