Quck question...

Reaction score
I am using the 30 Day Trial of Dreamweaver. When I purchase the actual software do I have to redo my whole site or by typing in my site info will it be available to me? I'm using it on my work computer but I want to switch to my home computer once I buy the software.

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It should be available to you I presume, if it is uploaded to the net. Save it all to CD like Me_2001 says and you should be fine :)

Reaction score
You can do it either way. You can copy the site to a disk or once you install DW on your home PC, you can “GET” it from the server. One thing you will need to do is…after install, you will need to set up the site/s on your home PC.

If you are copying the site to a disk and using the disk to put the site/s on your home PC…
When you are setting up your site/s in DW you will need to make sure you make the root folder the exact name as it is on your PC.
Ex. If the folder name is stored at C:\Sites\your site
In DW make sure you put the correct local folder name, case sensitive.
C:\Sites\your site
NOT, C:\Sites\Your site

If you are going to download (GET) your site from the server…
Set up the site in DW, making the root folder whatever you want it to be, set your FTP info and download. I will let you know now; you will download EVERYTHING on the server including script folders and error folders etc. If you don’t want all of that on your local machine you will need to delete them. WARNING only delete them in DW, DO NOT delete them from the server.

If you need more help let me know. I am fluent in DW lol

Av

Ask a Question