Puzzled by Net Transport (Xi Software) and streaming media capture...

FortunateOne

I have been looking around for a tool to record streaming media,
and found Net Transport to be pretty highly recommended, but I am
completely puzzled as to how to use it. I assumed that you might go to
a site, then click over to the "URL Sniffer" tab and click the "Start"
button, and it would bring up a list of URLs that it finds, but when I
click Start, it just highlights the "Pause" button for a second, then
the focus goes back to the Start button, and nothing happens. Hmmm...
Okay... so I used another program, "URL Snooper", which finds the URLs
quite nicely, and I can copy a found media feed URL to the clipboard
with that, but then have no idea how to use that found URL in Net
Transport.

I can find *SOME* links using the "Site Explorer" tab of Net
Transport, but never the media streams that I find via URL Snooper,
which is what I want. It seems a shame there doesn't seem to be any
real documentation around for Net Transport for new users like me. Can
anyone either point me to some good documentation or give me a quick
rundown on the procedure for using Net Transport to capture streaming
media?? I want to be able to capture both windows media and Quicktime,
which Net Transport supposedly does.

Or... if you know of another program that does this well, could you
let me know??

Thanks in advance for any assistance here...

Susan Bugher

FortunateOne said:
I can find *SOME* links using the "Site Explorer" tab of Net
Transport, but never the media streams that I find via URL Snooper,
which is what I want. It seems a shame there doesn't seem to be any
real documentation around for Net Transport for new users like me. Can
anyone either point me to some good documentation or give me a quick
rundown on the procedure for using Net Transport to capture streaming
media?? I want to be able to capture both windows media and Quicktime,
which Net Transport supposedly does.

There's some info here:
http://acfwiki.pbwiki.com/SavingStreams

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

FortunateOne said:
Susan Bugher wrote:
Thanks, Susan. Useful information there, but still hoping to find
a way to make Net Transport do the dirty work for me, as it seem that
is what it is designed to do! I appreciate your time for the reply,
tho -- thank you !!

This app may be of interest (I'm about to add it to the list of programs
on the ACF pages).

Program: iRadioNet
Company: Si-teX
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.sitex.com.ua/
http://www.sitex.com.ua/en/products.htm
http://www.sitex.com.ua/en/products/iRadioNet/index.htm
http://www.sitex.com.ua/en/download.htm

<q>
Our internet radio player and web stream recorder is just like a radio
in your car: a full functional device with super-easy user interface
(even a kid knows how to use it). No useless buttons and options,
easy-to-use/keep/edit/add radio station database, minimum of system
resources.
Size of installation package is only 485 kb.
iRadioNet runs on Windows 9x/NT/ME/2000/XP/2003.
</q>

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware