Putwig's Pride

Reaction score
The case is an AOpen HX-08 full tower. It features two DIY windows with custom yellow moulding. There are also front and top mounted 120mm fans which I cut out and installed.

The case interior is very neat and I am rather proud of the results of my cable management endeavors!

All fans and lights are controlled by my home made fanbus and rheobus. And CPU and case temperatures display on the two digital thermometers I installed in the drive bay.

The radiator is suspended from the top blowhole, and you can see in the pics it is ducted to the side panel. A second radiator (Chevette heatercore) has been added externally (not pictured) There is also a DIY fill and bleed rig (for the water system) mounted behind the motherboard tray.

The case is lit by three UV neons (15", 6", 6"). There is UV dye within the water, and UV nailpolish on the edges of all the expansion cards.

Obviously the tower, and peripherals, have been painted. They were all originally beige, except the keyboard; which was black. I thank Robert “Insomniac” Yarington for the exceptional paint advice and tutorials. They proved to be all you need to know for a fantastic finish!

The project took a year to complete, but most of the actual work was done in two - one month blocks. I did 1-2 hours each night after the kids went to bed ..... so total mod time would be about 120 hours.

I won't bore you with hardware details as it has all changed since the pictures were taken.

duct%20side.jpg

front.jpg

inside.jpg

lights.jpg

whole%20rig.jpg

Anyhow, congrats on the new gallery!

Attachments

• whole thumb.jpg
    whole thumb.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 2,313

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, it looks kindof retro, but very cool :D

Sounds like it too a while to make, well worth it though for the final article!

Ask a Question