Publishing

G

I designed (with help) my company's web, with one subweb, a few years ago. This is updated regularly and published to the server with never a problem. But Recently I wanted to add a second subweb. Now when I try to publish to the server, the sytem goes into an endless loop repeatedly asking me for my username and password. I can only get out of this by selecting cancel. When I open up the website in FrontPage, I find that it has updated any pages in the original web and subweb that have changed but it has not added the new subweb. Anyone any ideas what is going wrong?

S

Steve Easton

Have you tried opening the live site in FrontPage, creating an identically named "empty" subweb and
then trying to publish to it from the local??

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
95isalive
This site is best viewed............
........................with a computer

Graham said:
I designed (with help) my company's web, with one subweb, a few years ago. This is updated
regularly and published to the server with never a problem. But Recently I wanted to add a second
subweb. Now when I try to publish to the server, the sytem goes into an endless loop repeatedly
asking me for my username and password. I can only get out of this by selecting cancel. When I
open up the website in FrontPage, I find that it has updated any pages in the original web and
subweb that have changed but it has not added the new subweb. Anyone any ideas what is going wrong?

T

Thomas A. Rowe

While you have the live site open, create the subweb.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Graham said:
I designed (with help) my company's web, with one subweb, a few years ago. This is updated
regularly and published to the server with never a problem. But Recently I wanted to add a second
subweb. Now when I try to publish to the server, the sytem goes into an endless loop repeatedly
asking me for my username and password. I can only get out of this by selecting cancel. When I
open up the website in FrontPage, I find that it has updated any pages in the original web and
subweb that have changed but it has not added the new subweb. Anyone any ideas what is going wrong?

G

I've tried that, but I get the same problem. I'm repeatedly being asked for my password and can't get beyond that!

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Have you contacted your host and ask them to run a check on the extensions and/or check the
permissions for your account?

--
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Graham said:
I've tried that, but I get the same problem. I'm repeatedly being asked for my password and can't
get beyond that!

Ask a Question