publish fp98 web to fp03 via remote server

C

C. M. Grosskinsky

I have a fp98 web which was designed on a different machine and published to a remote web server. I want to publish it from there to my new computer which has fp03 installed.

I have no problems opening the remote web, but fp03 interprets this as the local web, and when I specify a directory on my local hd as the destination for publishing, fp03 interprets this as a remote web.

How can I make fp03 interpret the local hd directory as the local web,or does that even matter?

Thanks,

Clem.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

The web you open to edit/publish in FP2003 is considered the local web, so in this case, the remote
server is your local and your PC becomes the remote

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

I have a fp98 web which was designed on a different machine and published to a remote web server. I
want to publish it from there to my new computer which has fp03 installed.

I have no problems opening the remote web, but fp03 interprets this as the local web, and when I
specify a directory on my local hd as the destination for publishing, fp03 interprets this as a
remote web.

How can I make fp03 interpret the local hd directory as the local web,or does that even matter?

Thanks,

Clem.

Ask a Question