PST files are loaded, data is missing

A

Astralis

Using Outlook 2000 on XP Pro, I was receiving errors that indicated that the pst file was too large. So, I created a new pst file, loaded it, and loaded the others (I have a total of four of them). What I discovered was that all my contacts and my calendar was missing. So, I went to the most recent pst file and tried to import. I discovered that the new pst files did not import but somehow imported records from an old pst file. How this happened, I'm not sure because I'm still quite positive I selected the new pst file.

But here's the real problem. When I look at the most recent archived pst, I can't find any of the e-mails. I loaded every single one of my pst files and none of them have my most recent archived e-mails, contact, or calendar.

So, I went to the trusty Google Desktop search (why is this better than anything MS makes?) and searched for some of the most recently archived e-mails and found them and they pulled up in Outlook. I have tried my hardest to find where they're pulling from but can't find the pst file that is holding these records. As far as I know, Google Desktop is not saving the files in its index because I'm telling Google Desktop to open the file in Outlook. Is Google Desktop simply sending the data from its index into an Outlook file or is it telling Outlook to pull the data from a certain pst file?

I wonder because every single PST file is opened in Outlook and I cannot find the most recently archived e-mails and other records.

Does anyone recognize this issue?

P

Pat Willener

We don't know what you did, but we *do* know that Import/Export between
PST files can create inconsistencies and lead to loss of data.

The best way of moving data between PST files is drag-and-drop
(right-click drag-and-drop to select between Copy and Move).

Ask a Question