PRORET.MSI

G

I have a o Laptop that runs office XP Pro and windows XP. The other day I installed the Japanese language tool in Office. However, now when I try to open an Office programme, a window appears that says Office XP is installing. The installation hangs up looking for a PRORET.MSI. If a cancel the install stops, backs out and the alert window closes. The office programme opens without problems after that – has it anything to do with installing the Japanese language tool. It also does it on my windows 98 computer that runs Office 2000. And yes, I do insert the installation CD, but it says it can’t find the file (seems to be a problem generally with XP). Thanks for any advice.

S

Sharon F

I have a o Laptop that runs office XP Pro and windows XP. The other day I installed the Japanese language tool in Office. However, now when I try to open an Office programme, a window appears that says Office XP is installing. The installation hangs up looking for a PRORET.MSI. If a cancel the install stops, backs out and the alert window closes. The office programme opens without problems after that – has it anything to do with installing the Japanese language tool. It also does it on my windows 98 computer that runs Office 2000. And yes, I do insert the installation CD, but it says it can’t find the file (seems to be a problem generally with XP). Thanks for any advice.

ProRet is an Office XP file and is on the main Office CD. Google URL
for similar discussions:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=proret&sa=N&tab=wg

Sharon F
MS MVP - Windows XP

Ask a Question