Project Zomboid !!!!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Surviving isn’t just about blowing zombie’s heads off. Depression, starvation, trust issues, loneliness, illness, insanity. These are just some of the things you have to deal with in Project Zomboid.
First of all — YOU WILL DIE

You’re trapped in a quarantined city with a million zombies. There is no escape. There is no cure. The end is coming, so get used to it.

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/index.php/2011/04/survive/

http://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.php?threads/project-zomboid-working-on-linux.526/

http://theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1893&start=180

I wrote a nice little script to make the PC installation a lot easier.
icon_e_geek.gif

http://hotfile.com/dl/121567549/71a1e06 ... c.zip.html

Just unzip the file (The Game Files are included) and run the Install.bat.

The Game will then install under Program Files and a Shortcut will appear on the Desktop.
You can get the demo game as above or from the official site. From the above is easiest as it is a simple click to install.

Tried it out on Windows 7 and it works ok. Looks like a neat game with some nice touches. The zombies are darn dangerous and you really have to keep on the move to survive. Seems strange to play a game where the only objective is to stay alive for as long as possible with the final outcome being death. There is no instructions so you just have to figure it out as you go along. Mind you you do get some in game hints and tips if you live long enough to get to them.

I'm going to give the demo a few more goes an I recon I will part with some loot to get the paid for version as it seems like a worthwhile project.

:D

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Decided to take a look at it - looks interesting!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well I went and bough the game. Seems like the makers have had some trouble with pirates as this post shows from June and the problem still has not been resolved.

Pirates have made a version of the game that auto-downloads Project Zomboid from our server whenever the player clicks an ‘update’ button.
We’ve always turned a blind eye to pirate copies, even on occasion recommending people who had problems with the legit version try a pirate version until the issues are resolved. We realise the potential viral benefits of pirate copies, and while obviously we’d prefer people to purchase our issue is not with those.
However, these ‘auto updating’ versions of the game could screw us completely. We have a cloud based distribution model, where the files are copied all over the world and are served to players on request, which means we are charged money for people downloading the game. Whether piracy actually amounts to lost sales we’re not going to get into. The possibility that it raises awareness and promotes the game cannot be ignored, but the difference is offline versions on torrents, which we’ve been largely unconcerned about, do not cost us real money, only potential money, and even then we can’t really guess at what the net effect is. Likewise people who download the game through our website only download it when there is a new version, so once every week or so. These new pirate copies have an ‘update now’ button which will download the game every time it’s clicked, potentially every time the game is run by everyone using it.
Apologies for everyone who’s purchased the game, but this has the potential to cost some of the development funds we’ve made so far, and we can’t risk it. We may be overreacting. But we have no idea of the numbers that could be involved and since an auto-updating pirate version effectively removes any need to buy the game and suggests they are ‘in it for the long haul’ if they are playing the version for numerous updates, we can’t count on ‘try before you buy’ sale conversions from them.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

The good news is that the demo is still available for free.

An you can get,

Early Test Release for Paid Customers Out!
We thought we’d open the update up to everyone a little early. There are a few issues we’re aware of, a few zombie spawning problems for example, but we figured you’d rather get hold of it earlier than wait any more.
We’ve put it on our S3 temporarily until we can get in touch with FilePlanet and Desura and guys (it is a bank holiday weekend here, whoops) but since it’s of little use to people who haven’t bought, and there is no autoupdater to exploit, it’ll be fine for now.
icon_smile.gif

If you’d prefer a more polished, stable and bug free experience, then we will be updating all through tomorrow, so the later you leave it the more bug quashing we will have done.
Also bear in mind that the majority of features (not including modding) are in the sandbox mode, so that’s probably the best place to start if you’ve already played the demo to death.
icon_smile.gif
Kate and Bob will have a lot of exciting things coming soon, though!
So to reiterate, this is an early release so please don’t get it till tomorrow unless you’re cool with being guinea pigs!
icon_wink.gif

If you don’t mind a few bugs, then here we go!:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/alpha.projectzomboid.com/pz015testversion_5.zip
BING!
If you want to buy the game to gain access, you can BUY PROJECT ZOMBOID HERE.
Remember you can request your password here if you’ve bought and not received it:
http://projectzomboid.com/scripts/requestpassword.php
AND REMEMBER. NOW WE’RE BACK TO FULL STRENGTH UPDATES WILL BE MUCH MORE REGULAR. PROMISE
icon_biggrin.gif

:dance:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Although I did play it, I found the learning curve to be daunting as to what I can do. It ultimately turned me off.

But Im sure I was just too lazy and enthralled by Minecraft at the time. :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Although I did play it, I found the learning curve to be daunting as to what I can do. It ultimately turned me off.

But Im sure I was just too lazy and enthralled by Minecraft at the time. :D

The early demo was a bit confusing and slow. I think it is still the same one.
However the updated game is a blast. :D

Ask a Question