Product code

nvduffer

I am trying to automatically uninstall certain applications using the
DOS command line.

For MSN Messenger 5.0 I can use the following command:

msiexec /x {ABEB838C-A1A7-4C5D-B7E1-8B4314B10138} /quiet /passive /
norestart

I am looking for the "product code" (the "ABEB838C-A1A7-4C5D-
B7E1-8B4314B10138" value) for other applications, specifically:
- Outlook Express
- MSN Messenger 4.7
- NetMeeting

.... with other apps perhaps in the future. I know there are other ways
to remove these apps using RunDll32 but I would like to try using only
msiexec.

Is there a list of these "product codes" available somewhere?

Vanguard

nvduffer wrote in message
I am trying to automatically uninstall certain applications using the
DOS command line.

For MSN Messenger 5.0 I can use the following command:

msiexec /x {ABEB838C-A1A7-4C5D-B7E1-8B4314B10138} /quiet /passive /
norestart

I am looking for the "product code" (the "ABEB838C-A1A7-4C5D-
B7E1-8B4314B10138" value) for other applications, specifically:
- Outlook Express
- MSN Messenger 4.7
- NetMeeting

... with other apps perhaps in the future. I know there are other ways
to remove these apps using RunDll32 but I would like to try using only
msiexec.

Is there a list of these "product codes" available somewhere?

Go look at the uninstall key in the registry to see what the program
itself listed as its proper uninstall string under:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Uninstall