problems with reloading xp

Reaction score
I have aproblem with my os as every time i try to get onto windows the computer freezes and gives me 5 options
safe mode
safe mode with networking
safe mode with command prompt
last known configuration that worked
start windows normally

If I start windows normally it comesback to this page
if i try any of the other options i get a load of files on the screen which then freezes on the file agp440
I have tried to reload xp with the disc i.e insertb the xp disc bu cxannot seem to get any further

PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
ok this happened with me...

choose last known configuration that worked ;)

should work :)

Reaction score
unfortunately last known configuration still goes into the loop that ends with the same 5 options

Reaction score
im not sure but this sounds like a virus

i would think the only option is a fresh install of windows...

but wait and see what the other guys have 2 say 1st :)

Reaction score
thats what i am trying to do but cant get past the 5 ptions and cant do it from bios can i not wipe the whole thing and start again i wont lose any important files all i want to do is use the computer again

PLEASE HELP I AM GOING INSANE WITH THIS

Reaction score
purchase a new hardrive...

but wait for other people to reply first

Reaction score
Had a similar problem myself with my laptop, but fortunately, my Toshiba hard drive performs a test of the hardware and indicated that the drive was on the verge of failure. But, the symptom was very similar in that the boot process would never make it to the desktop, but would fail and re-initiate the boot. I also tried reloading using the XP CD, but still failed. Sounds like a HD failure to me also.

Try checking your BIOS settings. Be sure something hasn't been altered some how and causing the problem. You might try loading the default settings.

Good luck.

Glen

Ask a Question