Excel Problems with opening Excel files

Reaction score
HI
I am using windows XP Professional version lately i have been experiencing severe problems with opening MS Office Excel files, multiple files open when i open any one file and with several errors, starting with "unable to read file" and "cannot read from the source"..and so forth...everytime i open a new excel file it will open 30 other files with it (with all kinds of errors), and the next time i open any file it will open 31 files (incl. the one i opened before)...the problem seems so complex that i'm not sure whether i have been able to describe it properly here....has anyone experience such problem ?....also the word and outlook expres have become corrupt....pls help
Regards
Sniper7

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you're having problems with Excel, Word and Outlook then I'd try doing a repair install. If you reinsert the install CD you should have the option to perform this, and it will replace any corrupt files :)

Reaction score
What cd to reinstall and how to do that? Do you need to remove the old one ?
Thank you

Last edited:
Reaction score
raisamd said:
What cd to reinstall and how to do that? Do you need to remove the old one ?
Thank you

No you don't need to remove anything..Insert you original MS Office CD..It will give options to Remove or Repair..Hit Repair and away you go.All corrupt files should be repaired then..

Ask a Question