Windows Vista Problems with Gmail Accounts Part 2

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I have been using Gmail for a few months now. At first it seemed to work very well but over the last month I get repeated problems with Error No. 102. :mad:

This can happen when opening a mail item, trying to delete a message, forwarding a message or even trying to get into the Sent Items file. (Almost anything I try to do !) I reckon it's happening 50% of the time. :mad:

There was a thread running from 2005 to 2007 about Gmail and almost everyone seemed very happy with it. However, that was pre-Vista days and I am wondering if people on Vista who use Gmail are having any problems.

Any more of it and I may have to change.:(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Any more of it and I may have to change.:(
Not sure whether to post this here, or in Ian "coincidence's" thread.

Because it's the same thing I said to the woman at BT. :lol:

No problems with gmail. :thumb:

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score

Did you see that your Error 102, is generally called an "Oops Error" and if so, did you see this?

'Oops...' errors
If you're seeing an 'Oops...' error, it's usually caused by your browser's settings or by security software that conflicts with Google Mail.

Here On the same page, there is a trouble shooter link you can click, which might help? That's if you've not tried that already, of course
:)

(I'm also using googlemail with Vista, without any problems :nod: )

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:

Did you see that your Error 102, is generally called an "Oops Error" and if so, did you see this?
Here On the same page, there is a trouble shooter link you can click, which might help? That's if you've not tried that already, of course
:)

(I'm also using googlemail with Vista, without any problems
nod.gif
)

Thanks for the link, TC. :thumb: You're quite right, it is an Oops Error but I didn't see the link - some saying about wood and trees springs to mind. ;)

I'll check it out when I have more time. :wave:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yes. :thumb: I think the problem may well be solved.

Following the hints on the troubleshooter (must take a trip to the Optician) I changed the URL to the "old" version http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=1 and everything seems to be working correctly.
nod.gif

I have now been released from the asylum and will gradually get off the antidepressants. :D

Thanks for that link, TC. :wave:

Ask a Question