Problems when opening WORD template

I have a WORD template document that when I open it by double-clicking on the
icon in the Windows folder where it is saved, it displays what looks like an
"input box" titled "Microsoft Office Word" with an input dialog area and two
buttons named "OK" and "Cancel". I cannot get the template documnet to
display unless I click on one of these two buttons. I have other WORD
templates created exactly the same way that do not display this unwanted
"input box" when opened. What is causing this one tempate to display this
unwanted "input box" and how do I eliminate it???

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Look for an AutoNew macro stored in the template.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Problems when opening WORD template" <Problems when opening WORD
news:[email protected]...

Problems when opening WORD template

Suzanne, I checked the template for any macros and there were none stored in
it, including the AutoNew you mentioned. Any other suggestions?
Any possibility I could email you the .dot template file and have you look
at it? I checked the Customization, Options, and Properties settings and I
couldn't see anything that should be causing this behavior.

Problems when opening WORD template

Graham, I checked and there was an IntelliSafe Add-in attached to the
template file. Removed it per the instructions you linked me to, but the
problem input box is still displayed.

Graham Mayor

The only ways I know to pop up an input box are with macros in either the
normal template, the document template or an add-ins. If you press ALT+F8
and set the display to All Active Templates and Documents are there no
macros listed?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Graham Mayor

I have seen the document that you sent me. It is a Fillin field without a
prompt. Press ALT+F9 to locate it.

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com

Problems when opening WORD template

Thanks so much Graham. Ignore my Internet email I sent you since your
instructions to use ALT+F9 permitted me to see the Fillin and eliminate it.
This solved my problem. Thanks again...I would have never found this on my
own. Is there a good reference on this subject you can point me to?