Problem with some BOINC Human Proteome Folding Workunits

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The next batch has the same problem. We will not be loading new workunits for Human Proteome Folding on BOINC until this problem is resolved. There is plenty of work available for the FightAIDS@Home project and users will continue to recieve work for that project.

If a member has selected to run only the Human Proteome Folding project, then they will recieve a message on the agent which states 'No Work is available for the projects you have selected'

We apologize for these problems
Therefore any Boinc user who has selected to recieve only HPF units in their profile, please change to 'Participate in All Projects' until further notice.

You will find the setting at WCG>My Grid>My Projects :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ah ha, that would explain why the MJW PC had an "unrecoverable error" and I was about to blame the new Bonkit.

Ta Captain. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
itsme said:
I know..... I know! lost hrs and hrs of work:( all sorted now:user: ;)
:confused:
BOINC should have tried to run the 'hb' WU and then given up and downloaded a new one and start on that.. you shouldn't have 'lost hours and hours of work'

I had one of the hb units and BOINC just moved on to the next one.

For my own curiosity can you explain a bit more. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
WCG have re-enabled the Human Proteome Folding project and are running workunits from batch 'ex'.

So fingers crossed all should be back to normal now. :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
V_R said:
BOINC should have tried to run the 'hb' WU and then given up and downloaded a new one and start on that.. you shouldn't have 'lost hours and hours of work'

Oh, he's just moaning for the sake of it ... ;)

He on the turn ...
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
V_R said:

Sure I will!;) I have 3 PCs 2 of which were ok, slow but ok, my main cruncher stopped crunching but that was through spyware doctor? so that is out, now with the 3rd one it ran a unit for 9hrs [I time most jobs] but it showed only 3hrs run time and 40% done so every 1hr I checked it, by the end of 12hrs I guessed something was amiss as it was still showing 3hrs and 44% so I let it run and finally when it reached 4.50hrs I aborted it, now it started here>05/30/2006 07:43:25 and I ended it here>05/31/2006 17:15:59 = 22hrs lost? the job was faah0518 d151cb197 x1hpv 01.
so I uninstalled BIONC downloaded the up-dated version tweaked, and it is going very well, I have since done all 3 PCs with the up-dated version and no problems.
Hope you can understand what I have said.
happywave.gif
user.gif
:D

Reaction score
My only moan (you may have heard this before:) ) Is that my returns seem to be high 1 day. low the next, then high the next day, a strange pattern here is emerging. Oh and download latest tweak and my benchmarks are:

4090 Wetsone? 13420 Drystone? or what ever their called. Is that good??

System:
AMD Athlon 64 3800(939 Venice)
1GB RAM, 250GB SATA HDD,
Asus A8N-E Motherboard,
128MB ATI 800x PCI-E G/C

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
itsme said:
Sure I will!;) I have 3 PCs 2 of which were ok, slow but ok, my main cruncher stopped crunching but that was through spyware doctor? so that is out, now with the 3rd one it ran a unit for 9hrs [I time most jobs] but it showed only 3hrs run time and 40% done so every 1hr I checked it, by the end of 12hrs I guessed something was amiss as it was still showing 3hrs and 44% so I let it run and finally when it reached 4.50hrs I aborted it, now it started here>05/30/2006 07:43:25 and I ended it here>05/31/2006 17:15:59 = 22hrs lost? the job was faah0518 d151cb197 x1hpv 01.
so I uninstalled BIONC downloaded the up-dated version tweaked, and it is going very well, I have since done all 3 PCs with the up-dated version and no problems.
Hope you can understand what I have said.
happywave.gif
user.gif
:D
That does sound a little odd, but i will point out a couple of things...

First up BOINC's run time is not 'wall clock time' it is the time that the task is executing, so make sure that something on the pc is not stealing cpu time from BOINC. Is the pc used soley for crunchng?

faah0518 d151cb197 x1hpv 01. That is a FightingAIDS@Home WU not a Human Proteome Folding wu starting with 'Hb' or 'Ha' Like the ones that are having the problems.;)

What are the specs and is it overclocked? :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
feckit said:
4090 Wetsone? 13420 Drystone? or what ever their called. Is that good??

That is good. :thumb:

Now dont turn it off. ;)

:)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
One prob I'm having sounds similar.
I may be reading things wrong, but I still think I'm losing time. My comp is set to run 24/7 so long as I'm not using it. I mentioned once before that I thought I was 'losing time' & I notice now that my banner says my average daily CPU time is just under 8 hours. Now I sleep nearly that long! Quite asides from the time I'm not using it during the day. So where are all the extra hours going? I'm confused. & it definitely seems to be the 'overnight' period when I'm noticing the discrepancies between time available & work done. :confused:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Therefore any Boinc user who has selected to recieve only HPF units in their profile, please change to 'Participate in All Projects' until further notice.

You will find the setting at WCG>My Grid>My Projects :thumb:
now resolved :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
V_R said:
WCG have re-enabled the Human Proteome Folding project and are running workunits from batch 'ex'.

So fingers crossed all should be back to normal now. :)

:)

Reaction score
First up BOINC's run time is not 'wall clock time' it is the time that the task is executing, so make sure that something on the pc is not stealing cpu time from BOINC. Is the pc used soley for crunchng?
Yep I know... I time it with a wrist watch;) Yes soley for crunching...
at the end of the day it`s the joys of having a PC?
faah0518 d151cb197 x1hpv 01. That is a FightingAIDS@Home WU not a Human Proteome Folding wu starting with 'Hb' or 'Ha' Like the ones that are having the problems.;)

Strange one that???

What are the specs and is it overclocked? :)
The spec is fine AMD SEMPRON 2800+ I GIG RAM No overclocking:thumb: it was just that one task:) Now everything is running smooth:thumb:

Thank you V-R You do a fine job;)

Ask a Question