No More Tasks

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Everything on WCG/BOINC seems to be running correctly but I'm now down to my last Task everything else having been completed. I had a message at 07.07 this AM stating that there was no work available for Fighting Aids and the Human Proteome Projects and nothing has been downloaded all day. :confused:

Anyone else in the same boat?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Try checking the DDDT option in projects too, manually update boinc, and see if you get some work then.

If you do then obviously there are problems with work from the other 2 projects - if you don't then it may be at your end, therefore post the exact messages you are getting here so we can have a look.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
manually update boinc, and see if you get some work then.

Do I do that by simply pressing the Download button and overwriting the present version? Or do I need to reinstall BOINC altogether? :confused:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
No - after you have been to your page at WCG and selected to get DDDT work - or even better tick the "If there is no work available for my computer for the projects I have selected above, please send me work from another project" option - save it, then go to the Projects tab in your Boinc client and click 'update'

It will contact WCG, pick up the new setting and hopefully download some work:thumb:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
selected to get DDDT work - or even better tick the "If there is no work available for my computer for the projects I have selected above, please send me work from another project" option - save it,

Right, done that.

then go to the Projects tab in your Boinc client and click 'update'

Can't do this as the Update box is greyed out. :confused:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
nivrip said:
Can't do this as the Update box is greyed out. :confused:
Click on the WCG bit to the right of it to highlight it first ;)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks Ady,
Managed to ungrey it and requested Update but nothing happened- still on 5.10.22.

Waited till Task finished then Supended everything then rebooted and have now got more tasks and all seems back to normal on the running side. :)

Don't know why the Upgrade didn't happen though. :confused:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The upgrade didn't happen because you weren't upgrading!!!!

All you were doing was updating with your new settings from WCG - nothing was happening with boinc itself.

Anyway I'm glad your up and running again :thumb:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
The upgrade didn't happen because you weren't upgrading!!!!

Duh!! LOL :D

So how DO I get the updated version of BOINC?? I'm still on 5.10.22 :confused: :confused:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
nivrip said:
Duh!! LOL :D

So how DO I get the updated version of BOINC?? I'm still on 5.10.22 :confused: :confused:
You have to go get it yourself, there is no "auto-update" in Boinc.

Download, stop/exit the old running Boinc version, install new one ... done! :thumb:

:user:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
5.10.22 is fine so I wouldn't bother upgrading anyway ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm halfway through a 8 hr task will it be ok to update me Boinc as I just realised reading the thread that I'm on 5.10.1.0.238 ?

:blush:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Make that 5.10.7 as the last figure I gave is a file version and they are the same in all the versions of Boinc I have downloaded .
laughingsmiley.gif

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
As Mucks said above, just stop Boinc, exit, then install the new one and it will start where you left off :thumb:

Ask a Question