problem with restart

G

hello. i'm trying to install WinXP Pro. there are no error messages, but when pc restarts (installation is not complete, only files copied on disc) it start to setup again from beginning. so installation can't complete, because continuously starts from beginning. what can i do?

G

Hi,

Are you doing a clean install of XP? I would advise you following the steps below. If this does not work you could have a damaged disk? If you are upgarding from a previous OS you could have incompatible hardware or damaged hardware?

If you perform a clean install and you still expereince the same issue. Contact your nearest Microsoft SUB (PSS) for a disk refreshemnt or if you think it could be hardware get your CM to address this issue. PLease see the steps below on how to perform a clean install.

1. Insert your Windows XP CD
2. Restart the machine
3. Press the key specified to enter your BIOS. In most cases you need to press Del to enter the BIOS setup. You should see a message on startup, right in the beginning, which says something like “press <key> to enter setupâ€. E.g. Press Del to enter setup
4. Go into either the Boot section, if you have one, or the 2nd option (should be something like “BIOS features setup†or “Advanced BIOS featuresâ€)
5. Change to boot sequence (should show as “boot sequence†or first boot device; 2nd boot device; 3rd boot device; etc.) so that CD-ROM is first
6. Exit saving changes
7. When you see the message to press any key to boot from CD, press any key
8. At the "Welcome to Setup" screen, press Enter to do a clean install
9. Press F8 to agree to the license agreement
10. Press Esc to perform a clean installation. (If this option is not available, skip to the next step.
11. Press Enter to install to the selected drive
12. Press C to continue if prompted
13. When prompted to format, select the option to “Format using the NTFS File System†and press Enter
14. Press F to continue with the format
15. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installatio

Regards,

Ask a Question