problem with MS Outlook

Tulpas

I keep getting undeliverable email notices in my inbox such as the
following:

From: ms internet mail storage system [[email protected]]

To: internet reciever

Subject: Abort Report
Hi.
I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned below could not be
delivered to the following addresses:

Undelivered to (e-mail address removed)

Message follows:

---------------

or

From: network message delivery service [[email protected]]

To: internet client

Subject: returned mail

I'm sorry I wasn't able to deliver your message to one or more destinations.

Undelivered to (e-mail address removed)

---
or....

This is the qmail program

Undeliverable message to (e-mail address removed)

Message follows:

---

Whats up with these messages? Do I have a trojan on my system that is
sending email? My virus software doesn't pick up a virus so whats up here?

Thanks in advance,

Tulpas

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi Tulpas,

It means that someplace your email address is being spoofed by the virus.
The reject notices are coming to you from servers that intercept the
infected emails. This does not mean that you are infected but rather it
means that the bug picked up your email address from someone who was at one
time and is now using (or rather "a"busing) it to try and fool others into
opening it. There is very little you can do about this besides delete the
notices.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x

Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone