Problem with KERNEL32.dll

Alex

I recently tried to log on to the internet with my new
Road Runner service and when I open my Iexplorer it keeps
saying that I'm not connected. After I close my explorer
window it says error in Kernel32.DLL and that it has to
shut down a program. The Road Runner people couldn't help
much and I tried re-installing Internet explorer 6 again
but no luck. Something must be wrong with my IE6 but
what? Anybody know what I can do to connect normaly to
the internet?

DVarnau

Alex,
This is probably being caused by another program (adware, spyware,parasite)
interfering with IE. First... try from IE> Tools> Internet Options>
Advanced, uncheck "Enable third party browser extensions." That may allow
you to get online. If so, download, update and run:

Ad-aware ... http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/ (about 1.5 MB)
Spybot S&D ... http://www.safer-networking.org/ (about 3.5 MB)
Or download them from another machine to a Zip disk or CD.

Removing suspicious objects from [C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files] or
[C:\WINNT...] may help.

Running MSCONFIG and unchecking suspicious entries in the Startup tab may
help.

A legitimate program running in the background may be causing this. Disable
(for diagnostic purposes) programs such as pop-up blockers, security,
anti-virus, etc. Also... notorious for causing problems- Gator, Kazaa and
some others.

More information at http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
and
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/erriexpl.htm#ERRKERNEL32.DLL
and
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/erriexpl.htm#IERRCONNECT

Backup browsers (for next time)
http://www.pricelessware.org/2003/PL2003INTERNET.htm#Browser
http://www.opera.com/

Hope this helps,
Don

Hammer

--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org

Alex said:
I recently tried to log on to the internet with my new
Road Runner service and when I open my Iexplorer it keeps
saying that I'm not connected. After I close my explorer
window it says error in Kernel32.DLL and that it has to
shut down a program. The Road Runner people couldn't help
much and I tried re-installing Internet explorer 6 again
but no luck. Something must be wrong with my IE6 but
what? Anybody know what I can do to connect normaly to
the internet?

Here's a link that explains kernel32.dll and what usually causes problems
with it. Note that it also has a webopedia that you can access.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/K/kernel32_dll.html