Problem with images in IE

Knoj

I have Windows XP SP2. Within the last 6 days something weird has
happened with Internet Explorer. I have the following 2 problems, that I
believe might me connected somehow.

1st. I lost the ability to view animated graphics. When I visit a site
that I know has animated gifs I can see the gif, however it shows me the
first frame loop only and won't animate. I've gone to many sites, and
even tried running the animated gifs directly from my hard drive and
none will animate.

2nd. I can't save gif files from the internet. When I try right clicking
on a graphic to save it, I only get the option to save as a png file or
a bmp file. If I drag a gif file from a webpage to my desktop it saves
it as a png file rather than a gif. This problem occurs on all websites
and only appears to affect gif files. Jpg files seem to be fine. I
have been able to verify that these files are gif and not png.

I have not installed any software in the last month or so and this
started about a week ago. I have scanned for viruses with new
definitions without resolution. I have also done a complete system scan
for adware, spyware, and the like. This too has not helped.

Any help you could provide me with is greatly appreciate it. Thanks in
advance.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Why don't my animated gifs animate?
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm

For the .gif problem, see if this command helps, from Start, Run:

regsvr32 /i mshtml

-and-

Make sure that the .GIF Content Type settings are correct

Open Regedit and navigate to:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.gif
In the right-pane, set "Content Type" value to "image/gif"

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

[...]

ryant

Ramesh said:
Why don't my animated gifs animate?
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm

For the .gif problem, see if this command helps, from Start, Run:

regsvr32 /i mshtml

-and-

Make sure that the .GIF Content Type settings are correct

Open Regedit and navigate to:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.gif
In the right-pane, set "Content Type" value to "image/gif"

--=20
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Knoj" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message =
I have Windows XP SP2. Within the last 6 days something weird has=20
happened with Internet Explorer. I have the following 2 problems, tha
I =

believe might me connected somehow.

1st. I lost the ability to view animated graphics. When I visit
site=20
that I know has animated gifs I can see the gif, however it shows m
the =

first frame loop only and won't animate. I've gone to many sites
and=20
even tried running the animated gifs directly from my hard driv
and=20
none will animate.

2nd. I can't save gif files from the internet. When I try righ
clicking =

on a graphic to save it, I only get the option to save as a png fil
or=20
a bmp file. If I drag a gif file from a webpage to my desktop i
saves=20
it as a png file rather than a gif. This problem occurs on al
websites =

and only appears to affect gif files. Jpg files seem to be fine.
I=20
have been able to verify that these files are gif and not png.

I have not installed any software in the last month or so and this=20
started about a week ago. I have scanned for viruses with new=20
definitions without resolution. I have also done a complete syste
scan=20
for adware, spyware, and the like. This too has not helped.=20

Any help you could provide me with is greatly appreciate it. Thank
in=20
advance.

i was having the same problem for months and it made me do like
formats it was driving me crazy ....

i went to c /windows/system32/driver/etc then on host right clic
properties and uncheck the ready only then open host with notepad an
delete everything under
127.0.01 local host and walla problem fix now you can see all images.

ryant

ryant said:
i was having the same problem for months and it made me do like
formats it was driving me crazy ....

i went to c /windows/system32/driver/etc then on host right clic
properties and uncheck the ready only then open host with notepad an
delete everything under
127.0.01 local host and walla problem fix now you can see all images..
after you delete on notepad remeber to save then exi