Problem with cpu usage

Well i installed Vista and i thought that i met all the recommended
requirements. I have a 2.4 GHz Processor and over a GB of ram and my Video
card is a NVidia 5500 FX, yet whenever im running just 1 program, the CPU
percent on the gadget in the sidebar is at 100% and is usually never under
90% unless i have nothing running at all. Is there anything i can do to fix
this..Am i better to stay with XP or will i see the same slow down?

KristleBawl

What AV are you using? When I uninstalled McAfee and installed the free
version of Avast4, my CPU usage was reduced.

KB

"Chris" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Im using Kaspersky

KristleBawl said:
What AV are you using? When I uninstalled McAfee and installed the free
version of Avast4, my CPU usage was reduced.

KB

"Chris" wrote in message

Dustin Harper

You can right click the task bar, go to task manager, click Performance,
then Resource Monitor and see what is using the CPU cycles.

It will tell you the culprit and you can see if you can either close the
application, or see if it is supposed to happen.

--
Dustin Harper
(e-mail address removed)