problem setting up new email account

tamara carrone

Paul Curry said:
Error message reads,

The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered
the server name correctly.
Subject 'Test Email', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

can you help please

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Contact your ISP or email account provider for the proper settings. Those
aren't even in the ballpark.

Madora

have had same problem since getting new computer with VISTA format -- I HATE
VISTA! can't wait to get Windows7 or get an APPLE computer in the future

so far, what I've found is to simply download Windows Live Messenger & use
that -- haven't figured out how to locate the POP3 & SMTP business so don't
use this Windows Mail application

by the way check out the long list of emails with the SAME DAMNED QUESTION,
' how do I setup email accnt?' what does that tell ya about how
userfriendly VISTA is?

good luck

Peter Foldes

Paul

You settings are completely off. Contact your ISP to get the correct settings since
you posted via the Web and we cannot tell who your ISP is.

Peter Foldes

Spam

--
Peter

"~BD~" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:u8ednbz-

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Are you serious? Your Windows user name has no bearing on your
email user name.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Others have already commented on how to get the correct mail settings.

One of your problems is that your computer's time zone is way off.
You have it set for US West coast time zone, although you are
actually in England.

Peter Foldes

Stuck on stupid again. Wonder how they would feel if someone there posted to go to
another news server to get an answer when the answer was already given.

ruby lamarre

Paul Curry said:
Error message reads,

The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered
the server name correctly.
Subject 'Test Email', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

can you help please

Paul Curry

Error message reads,

The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
server name correctly.
Subject 'Test Email', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

can you help please

mikeyhsd

it is looking at itself in a cracked mirror.

(e-mail address removed)

Stuck on stupid again. Wonder how they would feel if someone there
posted to go to another news server to get an answer when the answer
was already given.
Boy oh boy I was stuck in stupid. I should have thought about that. One
of the effects of too much canal water is getting the foot stuck in the
mouth which is the case every single time

I'm a bit confused by your language again.

What do you really mean by "stuck in/on stupid"?

Debbie

Its not vista, obviously its the user.

People all you have to is make a phone call. Call Rogers or sympatico, telus
or whatever you're using and ask them. Its just that simple. No one will be
able to answer your question if no one knows who your email provider is.