Windows XP problem move OS XP from raid 0 to new single drive

Reaction score
hi
i moved OS XP from raid 0 80x2 sata (capacity 128gb but use only 30gb) to 160 sata (destination capacity 40gb) using norton ghost(dos mode) but it doesn't work. i chose partition to partition (not partition to image), ghost completed. can't run window(already try to use single drive).

then, i tried Acronis True Image 9.1.3718 Enterprise Server(which has function to choose Active or Logical when restore), clone OS to image file and restore to destination. it seem ok, can run until the blue title and minibox tab running then blue screen appeared. something like 0x0000007B (0xf79f7524......)

i heard that ghost work with raid but i don't know why it doesn't work woth mine. is it because of the source is 128gb(using 30gb) and destination is 40gb?

can someone help me to move this OS

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Download the latest trial version of Acronis True Image standard edition (or use the version you have).

Use that to make a backup of your current 30Gb OS within your 128Gb RAID 0 setup.

Use ATI to make a boot CD.

Assuming you have both your RAID 0 setup and your 160Gb SATA drive with it's 40Gb partition connected at the same time, you should be able to boot from the ATI CD and copy your backup file to your 40Gb partition.

Then disconnect your RAID 0 disks, make the 160Gb hard disk the priority boot within BIOS and you should be Ok.

If it works for you, you may consider purchasing Acronis True Image, it's good software, though it won't actually restore to a RAID 0 setup (although it will backup from one).

Reaction score
when i used Acronis, i already did backup file to another IDE h/d. then restore to new 40gb partition (plug only this h/d) then got blue screen

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
nongnhum said:
when i used Acronis, i already did backup file to another IDE h/d. then restore to new 40gb partition (plug only this h/d) then got blue screen

Then I have not a clue, I'm afraid :confused:

ATI has always worked fine for me.

You could try again, using no compression.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Device Driver Issues

lYou may receive a "Stop 0x0000007B" error message in the following scenarios:

•A device driver that the computer boot controller needs is not configured to start during the startup process.
•A device driver that the computer boot controller needs is corrupted.
•Information in the Windows XP registry (information related to how the device drivers load during startup) is corrupted.

Windows XP requires a miniport driver to communicate with the hard disk controller that is used to start your computer.

If Windows XP does not supply a device driver for your controller or if Windows XP is using a corrupted or incompatible driver, you must replace the driver with a valid copy that is compatible with your controller and Windows XP.

During the first phase of the Windows XP installation, Setup displays the following message at the bottom of the screen: Press F6 if you have to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324103

XP can be very temperamental when being moved around ... copy your 'data' off then clean install and all will be well. ;)

Ask a Question