printing from TS-Server to local printer

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a local printer attached to a customers machine via parallel who is connecting to a vpn to another office and then remotely connecting to a TS-Server.

The printer is installed on his local XP professional machine using the port LPT1 and has the XP drivers installed on his machine and the printer is shared.

The user can print fine from his desktop to the printer but when connecting remotely to the TS-Server he is unable to print anything to his local printer.

The printer shows in printers and facxs as canon ir1510-1670 (from QUEENREMOTE1) in session 6.

When right clicking the printer i get an error: C:\windows\ Explorer.EXE
Function address 0x1cb4e21 caused a protection fault. (Exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed.

If i simply go to Microsoft word or any other programme and print to this printer the application exits without error.

The TS-Server is runnning Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition and i have added the correct print drivers on the server for this.

When word crashed i get this in the event log:
Application Error
Cat: (100)
Event ID: 1004

Reporting queued error: faulting application WINWORD.EXE, version 9.0.0.3822, faulting module CAPM4K.DLL, version 0.3.0.0, fault address 0x00004e21.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Both errors appear on the TS Server event log and no printing errors on the local machine.

This is really giving me a headache now!
Can anyone give me some ideas please?

Ask a Question