Windows XP Printing Emails - How Do I Adjust L/h/margin

Reaction score
Can Anyone Help!! Printer Prints No Problem At All, Until I Ask It To Print An Email - Misses And Blurs Text Off L/h/side - How Can I Alter This Or Is It Just Something I Have To Put Up With?! All Help Gratefully Received - Cheers - Babs

Reaction score
Take a deep breath

Hey Babs,

At present it's unclear where exactly your issue is located, but I'm guessing that that you have a Page Setup issue with your email client.
But let's take 1 step at a time.

Can you please confirm the Make/Model of your Printer. Also confirm the exact version (and Service Pack) of your email client? Are you using Microsoft Outlook, for example?
Also, what's your Operating System & Service-Pack level?

Do you only have issues printing something you have *received*, or also something you have *sent*?

Does the Print-Preview show you a messed up image?

Try changing the Format of your email - There are 3 main types:
1) Plain Text
2) Rich Text
3) HTML

The method of doing this depends on the actual email client you have..but you should see a 'Format' Menu Option which will allow you to change this.

Another test is to use 'File>Save As', to change the document type to *.RTF.
Now use WordPad, MS Word, Word Perfect - or many other applications to open your document - Try to Print from there - Same/Different results?

Cheers
Kev

Reaction score
As above - and try copying the body text to MS word, and printing from there... If all is good, something in the application is messed up.

Ask a Question