Printer wont install

Paul Whiteneir

I have a Lexmark ij750 printer (Compaq ij 750) which
worked find on my Pentium III computer under win98, but
when I upgraded to XP, the printer will not install. I
downloaded a generic driver from Lexmark for NT type OS's.
Even with the NT driver the printer would not install. The
device manager does not show the printer in it's list. Ive
also had problems with a modem (unknown), I have 2 Modems,
an external modem and a internal modem which came with the
computer but the device manager list these 2 and a 3th
unknown modem?

Is there any help out there?

Paul

Amethyst

Paul said:
I have a Lexmark ij750 printer (Compaq ij 750) which
worked find on my Pentium III computer under win98, but
when I upgraded to XP, the printer will not install. I
downloaded a generic driver from Lexmark for NT type OS's.
Even with the NT driver the printer would not install. The
device manager does not show the printer in it's list. Ive
also had problems with a modem (unknown), I have 2 Modems,
an external modem and a internal modem which came with the
computer but the device manager list these 2 and a 3th
unknown modem?

Is there any help out there?

Paul

I have done a little searching (took me a while!) and there isn't an XP
driver for your printer. *However* there /is/ one for 2000 - I suggest you
try that. If that doesn't work, then Windows will have its own - limited
function - driver.

--
Cassandra
Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead Are People

Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests
of £1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot)
uk. Change the obvious to the obvious.
Private requests for assistance will not be acknowledged. Please post
all correspondence to the group so that all may benefit. Thank you.

Paul

Learn to post Cuntsandra. Ulike you, most people don't have to read a
message twice to understand it

Paul

Actually, unlike you, I will admit when I am wrong. (But I guess perfect
'experts' can't be wrong). I did not see the different message.

Amethyst

Paul said:
Actually, unlike you, I will admit when I am wrong. (But I guess
perfect 'experts' can't be wrong). I did not see the different
message.

Do your parents know what you're doing? As the cable account is likely to be
in your parents' name (as I don't think they allow minors to set them up as
a credit card is usually required) I'm sure they'd be most interested to
learn of your new 'hobby'...
--
Cassandra
Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead Are People
Too!'

Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests
of £1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot)
uk. Change the obvious to the obvious.
Private requests for assistance will not be acknowledged. Please post
all correspondence to the group so that all may benefit. Thank you.

Amethyst

Frank said:
All this time and you still can't do a signature properly.........

FOAD.
--
Cassandra
Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead Are People
Too!'

Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests
of £1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot)
uk. Change the obvious to the obvious.
Private requests for assistance will not be acknowledged. Please post
all correspondence to the group so that all may benefit. Thank you.

Paul

lmao so true

--
Paul - Member of:
Amethyst is a card carrying bitch of a **** scab.

"Ted" <"""""""> wrote in message

Amethyst said:

You posted
But, I don't really care what you think. I have friends here who know my
integrity and will support me (if not publicly). You'd be amazed at the
emails of support that have been flooding in since these posts started. In
fact, I've had so many I've had to set up a subfolder in my inbox to contain
them all!

And you have friends, PMSL? You spend so much time here riding the arses of
others for not owning up to your pathetic standards, that there's no way you
have even one friend. That makes the claim about your father purchasing your
PC goods, and you have pirated software, more than plausible, if not an
actual fact!

If you really think you get support here, you are even less than a gormless
pillock!