Printer Network Problem

Reaction score
Hi.
I have inheritted a laserjet 2100tn with a network card.
I have also inheritted a Planet DH-2401 Dual speed hub.

I have connect my computer to the hub and this works fine, but when I try and connect the printer only one of the light come on. An orange light at the top, when it should be a green at the top and a green at the bottom.

Can anyone help me. I want to know if this means that the network card is knackered, or if I need to assign an ip address to it, which I do not know how to do.

Cheers
AJ

Reaction score
Different lights mean different network speeds

I think Green is 100Mb and Orange is 10Mb if i remember correctly

Reaction score
Sorry. I was incorrect.
The top light shows orange and the bottom light should be green , which is what the other lights show, but there is not light at the bottom..

Does this mean it is not communicating with the network card?

Reaction score
OK

faulty cable maybe?

one light means connected other one is connection speed

however if u have a 10Mb printer/hub goin to a 100Mb network card it will only run at the slower speed

on my 10/100/1000 Mb network card on rear of puter only 1 green light is showing. It will only flash during fairly heavy activity though

not sure what else to suggest mate try a different cable. Where you get printer? Did it work before the person gave it you?

Last edited:

Ask a Question