Wireless Networking

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone can help me, but I was to create a wireless network with the following and wondered if it was possible:

A Planet DH-2401 24 port switch hub
A Netgear 54mbps wireless access point
A Belkin PCI 54mbps Wireless Network Card
A PC with XP
A laptop with wireless connection

Is there anyway it is possible to setup a wireless network using these without having to go out and buy additinal equipment?

Cheers
AJ

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't see why not, if you stick the PCI wireless card into the PC with XP then you should be able to connect both the PC and Laptop to the wireless access point. :)

Reaction score
I did try this, but it said it had a full signal, but only limited connectivity?
I do not have a wireless router? Is this a problem?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK, if it says limited connectivity then it isn't accessing the internet correctly. How do you connect to the internet?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry, what I mean is how is your connection set up? You've said you have a wireless access point and a hub, but no modem? Is the modem built in to one of those products or do you connect using a modem that connects to your PC directly.

Reaction score
I have an NTL/Virgin modem. Usually this is plugged directly into my PC.
Although I have a laptop from work that I could do with connecting via wireless?
The wireless access point was also from work, so if it has something to do with the way the access point has been setup?
I am not sure how to setup the hardware?
Should I connect my NTL modem into the switch, then connect the wireless access point to the switch?

Ask a Question