From: "Mitch" <[email protected]>
Subject: printer configuration for TS client
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:46:21 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients

Hello,
Within our organization we have two locations (apart by 15
miles) for simplicity I will assign letters for each
location. We have location A, which contains main
server "A1" and TS server "A2" on the other hand we have
location "B" where we have about 6 TS clients. In "B" we
have shared HP4200 hooked to one of these
clients "user26". Now I need to configure the HP4200 so
that I will be able to have all TS clients in location B
to print to that printer.

I tried to add the new printer in the A2 server several
times as "local" and "network" and assigned TSxxx port to
it, yet so far didn't work. I would highly appreciate your
help in that walking me through this configuration
process.
---

The problem with trying to assign it to port TSxxx is you cannot control which client has which terminal session and thus
which client port TSxxx belongs to. What OS is on the client systems at site B? Also, the one system the printer is hooked
to, how is it conneced? For the systems connecting to the printer share you should be able to set the driver up locally as
LPT1 and then use "net use lpt1 \\<server>\<share> /persistent:yes" to map the LPT1 port to the printer share. Since the
printers are setup on LPT1 they should autoredirect in the terminal sessions for these client systems.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.