Printed colours wrong - Brother DCP110 & XP Professional


G

Guest

When I print photos or pictures in colour they come out wrong for ie Window
logo colours are: -
Red - Orange
Green - purple
Blue - Green
Yellow - Pink

I have re-installed printer drivers, downloaded updated drivers from Brother
website, installed new ink cartridges as used up existing ones trying to
resolve problem (ink cartridges are in correct position as shown). I think it
may be something to do with compatibility between XP Professional or Office
2007 Professional, as I updated my PC last year and recently installed Office.
I must admit I don't think I've done any colour printing since the update
but now require some pictures printing.

Can anyone help.........
 
Ad

Advertisements

L

Lem

Lorny said:
When I print photos or pictures in colour they come out wrong for ie Window
logo colours are: -
Red - Orange
Green - purple
Blue - Green
Yellow - Pink

I have re-installed printer drivers, downloaded updated drivers from Brother
website, installed new ink cartridges as used up existing ones trying to
resolve problem (ink cartridges are in correct position as shown). I think it
may be something to do with compatibility between XP Professional or Office
2007 Professional, as I updated my PC last year and recently installed Office.
I must admit I don't think I've done any colour printing since the update
but now require some pictures printing.

Can anyone help.........

Could be clogged print heads. Check your User Manual. There should be
something called a Print Quality Check Sheet that will help you
determine if any nozzles are clogged. Also make sure that you have not
inadvertently changed some color "enhancement" or color density settings
in the printer's menu system.

You can also check the "Color Management" tab in the printer's
"Properties" dialog. Usually, this should be set to "Automatic."
Unless you have changed this to "Manual," I doubt that it's the cause of
your problem. If you're *positive* that you have the proper driver, the
problem is more likely to be printer hardware related, which is why you
should try to print test pages using the printer's own menu system. For
more information, search "color management" in Help & Support and see
http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/colorcalibration/a/cal_printer.htm
 
G

Guest

Lem,

I've done all that several times. I think it dosen't recognise the correct
colours.

Lorny Lorns
 
G

Guest

Lem,

I've managed to resolve my problem it appears that the printer was printing
out the test colours in a diffferent order, don't know why, but I reinstalled
from my oringinal CD and everything sorted itself out.

Printing not as good as I had thought it would be but maybe now I'll be able
to improve it.

Thanks for your help.

Lorny Lorns
 
L

Lem

Lorny said:
Lem,

I've done all that several times. I think it dosen't recognise the correct
colours.

Lorny Lorns

If the colors are wrong when you print a test page using the printer's
front panel controls (all printers that I'm familiar with have some
means of doing this) as contrasted to printing something through your
computer, then the problem is in the printer, and if you can't
troubleshoot it using the suggestions in the owner's manual, you'll have
to take it to a service center.

If the colors are correct when you print a test page using the printer's
front panel controls, but incorrect when you print from the computer,
then the problem probably is software, most likely a corrupted printer
driver.

It isn't clear from your posts into which category you fall. If it's
software-related, then completely clean out your old printer drivers
following the directions at the link below, and then re-install, paying
particular attention to when you connect the printer to the computer.

http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm

There is a more extensive discussion of cleaning up printer drivers
here: http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm but the
steps at Cori Bright's site should suffice.
 
Ad

Advertisements

L

Lem

Lorny said:
Lem,

I've managed to resolve my problem it appears that the printer was printing
out the test colours in a diffferent order, don't know why, but I reinstalled
from my oringinal CD and everything sorted itself out.

Printing not as good as I had thought it would be but maybe now I'll be able
to improve it.

Thanks for your help.

Lorny Lorns

Glad you got it working. Color printing is tricky. If you don't mind
using up more of that expensive ink, you might experiment with different
papers, and see if there are any recommendations in the printer's user's
manual. There actually is a difference between cheap copy paper and
high quality paper made for inkjet printers.
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top