From: "KevinG" <[email protected]>
Subject: Print Spooler
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 06:58:42 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

I have a site that when printing a document it prints
fine but it holds the document in the the Print spooler
with a status of printed. when the machine is rebooted it
reprints all of the printed documents again.

how can this be fixed?

Thanks.
Kevin Geuss
--

What OS and what printer(s)? If we disable AV software do we still have the issue?

I have seen this happen with older versions of some of HP's LaserJet drivers and in these cases updating to their latest
driver or using the driver that came with the OS resolves the issue. I have also seen this happen if something else is
holding the spooled print job open when the spooler goes to delete it, like the filter drivers for AV programs which we
should not have scanning spooled print jobs.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.