Print spooler service

Reaction score
I keep getting a message saying " Print Spooler Service is not running" when I try to print something. How do I start this service up?:cheers:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
what OS?

Need more information. There are many reasons this could come up.

Details assist us in assisting you.

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to this computer stuff, but I'm learning so please excuse me if I ask a ignorant question. When I try to print a page from a website, a message comes up that say's add printer! Well,this is the first time this has happened. It's always printed before! Then when I click the add printer button, a message comes up that say's" The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine. Well, when I go into administrative tool's and click on services, I scroll down to print spooler, click the start button, and Error 1053 comes up and say's "Did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion". I don't know how fast your suppose to be, but I clicked that darn button pretty fast!Ha! Ha! Can you help?:confused:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Ok. Perhaps I was unclear.

What version of Windows do you have?
What kind of printer do you have?

The first thing I would try is to remove and reinstall the printer. Print spooler issues can spawn from a multiple of causes. Low resources, such as not enough RAM (memory) installed can cause it.

Did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

The above error has nothing to do with how fast you click it. FYI. Computers, even really old ones, are faster than the human brain.

Reaction score
Thank you Silverhazesurfer, your advice solved my problem! Perhaps in 15 or 20 years from now when I master this darn computer I will be able to help you out with a problem! Ha! Ha! Just kidding! Appreciate ya!!:bow:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
No problem.

Hang in there. They aren't that confusing once you understand a few basic concepts.

Glad you got it sorted.

Ask a Question