I am a newbie!!!

Reaction score
is this where i post if I need help with something? So when I click to "add printer" its saying the print spooler service is not running. So i read through some prior posts and took the advice...i went to the printer spooler under admin.tools and all that...clicked on "automatic" then clicked "start" and says : Could not start on local computer ERROR 2 the system cannot find the file specified????

Ahhh now what do i do??? HELP! :)

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
what kind of printer?
did it work before?
What kind of computer?
Version of Windows? ( i assume you have Windows on the machine)
Are there any other error messages that show?

So far, this is good. However, we just need to establish a few more facts. Please provide some information on your setup so we have an idea on how to best advise.

edit: further search reveals this:

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/980073.htm#post3797177

try that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
what kind of printer?
did it work before?
What kind of computer?
Version of Windows? ( i assume you have Windows on the machine)
Are there any other error messages that show?

So far, this is good. However, we just need to establish a few more facts. Please provide some information on your setup so we have an idea on how to best advise.

edit: further search reveals this:

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/980073.htm#post3797177

try that.

The printer is Lexmark 6500, yes it used to work before (my daughter is a year old and walks up to printer and starts pressing buttons, I have a feeling she did this) lol

Computer is a DELL, old like 2006

WindowsXP is what i have.

The printer was deleted from computer, so I re-installed it and its showing it the programs and the download went fine, my wireless even hooked up...
then when I go to "add printer" that is what its saying. no other error messages. just the one that the printer spooler is not running, then when I go to printer spooler in tools or whatever, that says it wont "start" and says the error message. Thank you for your help!!!

Ask a Question