From: "Mark" <[email protected]>
Subject: Print server is slow to print ...
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:39:32 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

Print server is slow to print ...
But if I print to the same print device directly,
it prints like is supposed to ... fast.

So something is slowing me down when printing thru this
server.

W2K server with all updates .. 9 printers
I have restarted the spooler service ... no help.
Reboots get me nowhere .... and I don't really want to set
up all of these users to print directly to the devices.

What the heck should I do ?

It has affected all printers.... so it cant be one driver.

My email addy is legit ... thx for your help.
--

Mark,

How is printing from the server to the print device? You may want to check out the following article to see if applies to your
issue.

816627 - TCP/IP Port Printing May Be Slow on Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];816627

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.