Print a long 2 page column list, on one page

I have a 3 narrow columns with a long list that runs down over 2 pages.
I want to leave all the text in the same columns (for sorting, adding to
etc), but when I print I would like it to fit on one page. That is - to show
the same long list, but side by side on one page. Thanks

Stan

I have a 3 narrow columns with a long list that runs down over 2 pages.
I want to leave all the text in the same columns (for sorting, adding to
etc), but when I print I would like it to fit on one page. That is - to show
the same long list, but side by side on one page. Thanks

What would happen if you had formulas in columns E:G that refered to
the items below page 1. and then set the Page Area to A1:G30 (or
whatever). the original info would remain in the same column that you
can continue to sort and you have the additional columns to print.

Jim Cone

You can paste into Word and use Format | Columns
-or -
David McRitchie has some vba code to do it...
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm
-or -
buy a commercial application...
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Stella" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I have a 3 narrow columns with a long list that runs down over 2 pages.
I want to leave all the text in the same columns (for sorting, adding to
etc), but when I print I would like it to fit on one page. That is - to show
the same long list, but side by side on one page. Thanks

May work, but then if I add or delete rows in my original list, then would
have to check formulas. Would be just as easy to do what I am doing now -
that is when ready to print I cut the bottom bit off and paste on page one.
After printing I put it back to assist with adding and deleting names in the
list. Thanks for your time.

Gord Dibben

Stella

Public Sub Snake3to6()
Dim myRange As Range
Dim colsize As Long
Dim maxrow As Long
Const numgroup As Integer = 2
Const NUMCOLS As Integer = 6
On Error GoTo fileerror
colsize = Int((ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count + _
((NUMCOLS - 1)) / NUMCOLS)) / numgroup
MsgBox "Number of Rows to Move is: " & colsize
Range("A1").Select
With ActiveCell.Parent.UsedRange
maxrow = .Cells(.Cells.Count).Row + 1
End With
ActiveCell.Parent.Cells(maxrow, ActiveCell.Column) _
.End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select
Set myRange = Range(ActiveCell.Address & ":" _
& ActiveCell.Offset(-colsize, (numgroup)).Address)
myRange.Cut Destination:=ActiveSheet.Range("D1")
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Range("A1").Select

fileerror:
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Thanks. Will try when I get time. But as you and David M detailed - no simple
way - not like simplicity of say "columns" in word and other things in word.

Thanks for time, but need really simple solution - as i have to pass on to
others - who barely use Excel. Seems - no simple way - not like simplicity of
say "columns" in word and other things in word.