How to set up Excel to print wrapped columns on a page.

TucsonRich

Running EXCEL Office 2003.
I have a 4-column Excel list of recorded movies: Disk#, Title, Staring,
Rating. In Excel, I add newly recorded movies at the bottom of the list, and
then sort the list alphabetically by movie title.
When I print the list, it is several pages long.

Question: Is there a way to print this list so that the the 4 columns will
wrap to 8 columns on a page thereby reducing the number of printed pages by
half?

So, I would like to see printed page 1 (for example) displaying all movie
titles "A" thru "C" wrapped into (2) 4-column lists, and then continue on
page 2 starting with title "D" in the left-most 4-column list.
Thanks - Rich

Jim Cone

There is no built-in way to do that in Excel.
You have to paste the data into Word and use Format | Columns
-or -

Build your own method with VBA code...
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm#snakecols
-or -

Try my commercial "Special Print" Excel add-in with its "Side by Side" utility.
(free three week trial)
It creates 2, 3 or 4 up column groupings across the worksheet page (from single or multiple columns)
and maintains data continuity across all pages and accounts for any header area.
A new sheet with the column arrangement is created, your original data is not affected.
Just email and ask for it.
Remove XXX from my email address... james.coneXXX at comcast.netXXX
Please include your real name and geographic area.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA