Priclessware.org endures. The Song Remains The Same.

*ProteanThread*

John Fitzsimons said:
On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:41:17 -0400, Susan Bugher

No, that isn't the case as you well know. Why do you need to be
a liar ? Do you think that will help your "cause" ?

Many people, myself included, voted that you move your PL files
elsewhere if you refused to co-operate with Genna. That is
something quite different than moving the PL domain.

There is no need for the PL domain to move. Garrett will do an
excellent job for the group. As he has done in the past.

Many thanks Garrett. Well done ! :)

Regards, John.

I think that's what we've been trying to say all along. :blush:)

--

Woodzy

http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
http://rtdos.com/debate (charged political discussion)
http://rtdos.com/forum (rtdos message boards)
http://rtdos.com/rtdos (rtdos active developer chat)

http://rtdos.com/chat
Chats scheduled every Thursday @ 7PM MDT (0100 GMT) and
every Sunday @ 1PM MDT (1900 GMT)

ranrad

Susan,

as stated before, I have kept out of this for now

But why do you start a new thread, posting from an old one ?

If you cannot/will not post why you think your disagreement with henna
is all her fault and nothing to do with you, then you should not be
posting these comments on this group.

I am not taking sides at all - it may well be that henna appears to be
being more adult about this, purely because she has posted less often
recently - but you are clearly not covering yourself in glory.

Either sort this out in private, or have the whole debate in public.

This mixture of posting publicly in a newsgroup, but keeping some
details private is ridiculous.

Alastair, you done said a mouth-full. And I, for one, totally agree with
you. The more Ms Bugher posts these things, the more ridiculous she
appears, and the more I support Genna.

ranrad

snip
I can't see what it is you feel should be held against her. Enlighten
me, if you will.

Well, if I found I couldn't continue working on the Pricelessware site
owing to a clash of personalities, but still wished to be involved in a
Pricelessware site of my own. Then I would come to acf, tell the readers I
was unable to continue in the present situation, and that I was leaving to
set up my own site and would welcome any support and assistance (and define
the assistance eg Host, Name). Not try to run the owner down with inuendo
and no specifics.
a newsgroup that should be devoted to freeware has been hijacked by a
(one-sided) cat fight by Ms Burgher, who by her own admission wants nothing
less than full control of THE pricelessware name and site.
So, all the aforementioned I hold against her. Hope this answers your
question.
Have a nice day, unless you've made other plans. :)

Night2000

<snip
4)The volunteer is none other than Garrett, onetime administrator of
FreewareHome and friend and supporter of Pricelessware since its
inception...

<snip>

Excellent news, Garrett will do a great job.

Fanman_UK

I would very much like to see all the complications become
uncomplicated, but I'm not sure if that's possible. I personally have
no intentions of making any of this complicated. In fact, quite the
opposite... I want to make this all much easier for anyone and everyone.

-Garrett

At last the voice of reason. If you want to complicate any issue give
it to 500 people to argue about it.

Welcome back Garrett.

Fanman_UK

To reply by email remove the "fanman"

Corncrake

It will be
the "official" web site for the Pricelessware List.

Oh dear, that was perhaps an unfortunate choice of words :(
Do you think you could re-phrase that ? perhaps ?
else it could set a lot of fingers a'typing and anuvver looong thread.

Paul Blarmy

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 17:49:57 -0400, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Omar=A9?= wrote...
You have it...it is called "Pricelessware CD"
HTH

Not the same thing at all. A 'Pricelessware CD' is one thing, a website
containing links and information is a different entity altogether.

Alastair Smeaton

I hope so to Henk. I hope this attempt to *split* the group is seen for
what it is. Having lost the election Genna is trying to steal the ballot
box. . .

Susan

typical post from you in this whole debate Susan.

You seem completely unable to move on from this, and can only respond
with thinly veiled insults.

As long as this group votes once per year, it doesn't matter how many
sites host the results.

You go ahead and set up your own site, and anyone is free to use that
- heck, I might do too.

But please butt out of the arguments if all you are prepared to do is
continue childish sniping.

This whole problem arose because of a problem relationship between you
and Genna. I do not know, nor care who is right and who is wrong.

I just wish you would count to 10 before posting inflammatory comments
like the one above.

if you wanna get one over on Genna, then go ahead, get a host, and
offer a great freeware site, hosting the pricelessware picks of the
year. That way, everyone wins.

If you wanna lose the last remaining vestiges of respect you had in
this group, continue to post childish petty responses like the one
quoted above.

Your choice - I know what I would prefer you did....

Garrett

Cruising said:
TSRTS - one of my favs.

I thought he was a TROLL? No, I'm the TROLL. No, ...

Ah, forget it.

Hey, just remember, I didn't call you a troll ;-)

-Garrett

Jack D. Russell, Sr.

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <[email protected]>
* Newsgroup: alt.comp.freeware
* Reply to: All; "Susan Bugher" <[email protected]>
* Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 16:10:26 -0400
* Subj: Re: Priclessware.org endures. The Song Remains The Same.

SB> Henk de Jong wrote:

HDJ>> What I wrote can be seen as at least a *try* to avoid the
HDJ>> splitting of this group. I still believe (and hope) that there
HDJ>> will be a time that there will be peace again in here.

SB> I hope so to Henk. I hope this attempt to *split* the group is
SB> seen for what it is. Having lost the election Genna is trying to
SB> steal the ballot box. . .

Steal the ballot box? Why would she want it? If you think that the
HURRIED, more than a little SUSPECT, rush thru before EVERYONE can see
ALL of the details, (Many intentionally vague or hidden) kangaroo
court vote is something that was fair and desirable to anyone but you
and your fan club...YOU ARE GROSSLY MISTAKEN! The way that this whole
affair is being handled is despicable.

Jack D. Russell, Sr.

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <[email protected]>
* Newsgroup: alt.comp.freeware
* Reply to: All; "Semolina Pilchard" <[email protected]>
* Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 21:16:01 +0100
* Subj: Re: The Song Remains The Same.

SP> On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:43:20 GMT, Tramp
<[email protected]>
SP> wrote:

[Snipped]

[Snipped]
SP> What we need for Pricelessware is a democratic
SP> nomination/seconding/ ballot process and a site that reflects
SP> that, accurately. That's what Susan has given us. Frankly, I'm
SP> pleased she has the skills, patience and persistence to do it and
SP> get it so right. I wouldn't have.
[Snipped]

Huh...???? Are you reading the same posts that everyone else is? Maybe
I've missed some posts, but I don't recall seeing or
reading/participating in any "democratic nomination/seconding/ ballot
process and a site that reflects that, accurately. " If you're
referring to the HURRIED KANGAROO COURT VOTE that's been snuck in
between the resigned/unresigned mess of the past week, all I can do is
shake my head and wonder at the sneakiness of some people's agenda.
Sad, really. IMHO.