Preview pane with a newly created form

G

Hi
I've just created a new form in Outlook 2003.
It's using a message form, but I've removed the message body and just used
some text & combo boxes instead.
Now when you send this form to someone the preview pane just shows a blank
email from me with an old signature from when I created the form.
Is there a way to show the form in the preview pane, and if not, is there a
way to edit what is shown on it
thanks
Rob

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Form layouts never display in the preview pane. The preview pane only displays the message body and header information. To remove your signature from the body, turn off AutoSignature, put the form in design mode and add the message body to the form again. Run the form, remove the signature, then save the form as an .oft file. Use the Tools | Forms | Design a Form command to open that form in design mode, remove the message body, increment the version number, then republish.

To avoid having to jump through such hoops in the future, be sure to turn off AutoSignature before you start designing a message form.

FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...spx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003

and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

Ask a Question