Popups after clean XP Home Install?

A new one to me! I assisted a friend with a clean Win XP Home install.
After the installation, two anomalies:
1. Upon completion of the installation, and now whenever he reboots the
computer, popup windows appear titled "Windows Message Server", advising him
of imminient system meltodown and advising he visit regcleaner.com or
regfixit.com to install software to avert such a disaster. Good grief, this
appears after initial system installation! Did his XP Home CD come complete
with adware? Anyone seen this before? If so: clean up advise?

2. He has activated Windows. The 30 day activation warning appears at
every system start. Clicking through displays a window stating his copy of
Windows is "already activated". Is there a way to remove the 30 day
activation timer?

Jens Mander

Obviously no Service Pack and Hotfixes installed. Get SP2 - and while you're
at it, slipstream it into your WindowsXP-CD. Google for "slipstream sp2 xp"

Jens Mander

Jens Mander said:
Obviously no Service Pack and Hotfixes installed. Get SP2 - and while you're
at it, slipstream it into your WindowsXP-CD. Google for "slipstream sp2 xp"

Or see below: