Pop up's

adam ant fan

Just recently, every few minutes I get windows internet explorer pop up's and
it's driving me mad. It causes whatever I am doing to slow down while it is
opening up.

Where has it suddenly come from and how do I get rid of it? I have pop up's
switched off.

Thanks

Tom [Pepper] Willett

And those type of popups are..and they say?

:
: Where has it suddenly come from and how do I get rid of it? I have pop
up's
: switched off.
:
: Thanks

Shenan Stanley

adam said:
Just recently, every few minutes I get windows internet explorer pop up's
and
it's driving me mad. It causes whatever I am doing to slow down while it
is
opening up.

Where has it suddenly come from and how do I get rid of it? I have pop
up's
switched off.

Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found:

Search using Google!
http://www.google.com/
(How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

Get MalwareBytes and SuperAntispyware - install/download updates and do FULL
scans with them and remove what they find.

Update your antivirus software and do a full scan with it.

Ensure your Windows Firewall (or third party firewall of your choice) is
enabled and uncompromised.

Do a disk cleanup, empty all your Temporary Internet Files, and
defragment/CHKDSK your hard disk drive(s).

Come back here - tell us the result along with some information about your
system... Like Windows version (specific), Internet Explorer version, what
AntiVirus application you use, what your normal backup and maintenance
schedule looks like, etc.

Shenan Stanley

adam said:
Just recently, every few minutes I get windows internet explorer pop up's
and it's driving me mad. It causes whatever I am doing to slow down
while it is opening up.

Where has it suddenly come from and how do I get rid of it? I have pop
up's switched off.
Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
http://www.ms-mvp.org/

They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not
waste your time.

That could be fairly confusing (or is this actually revealing?)

Combine...

"Leythos wrote:"

with

" *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not
waste your time.
David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos."

Then figure out what may have happened.

As an aside...

Headers:
"From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
Subject: Re: Pop up's
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 07:15:27 -0700

and archived message:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics/browse_frm/thread/c39bdbefd0067700/

Leythos

From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 07:15:27 -0700

http://www.ms-mvp-PIRATE.org/

--
The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealPIRATE.blogspot.com/
your time.

Abuse reported to prodigy and att.

Leythos

That could be fairly confusing (or is this actually revealing?)

Combine...

Yep, it's butts impersonating me, and he's even stated in other post
that he's going to do it and that not one person can do a thing about
it.

The headers have been sent to att and prodigy.

Jose

Just recently, every few minutes I get windows internet explorer pop up'sand
it's driving me mad. It causes whatever I am doing to slow down while it is
opening up.

Where has it suddenly come from and how do I get rid of it? I have pop up's
switched off.

Thanks

Yes - switch to Firefox for 99.9% of your browsing. Only use IE when
you must (like for some Microsoft pages).

The selection of add-ons for Firefox that enhance their pop up
blocking is really marvelous. There are things out there that don't
even exist for IE.

If you send a link to a WWW page that is driving you mad, we (or at
least I) can try it in IE and Firefox and see what happens.

Jose

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Firefox won't get rid of the malware on his computer that's causing the
pop-ups.

: Leythos wrote:
: > Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
: > Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
: > http://www.ms-mvp.org/
: >
:
: I use Firefox has a built in popup blocker along with
: the AddBlock configurable addon. Works fine.

Leythos

I use Firefox has a built in popup blocker along with
the AddBlock configurable addon. Works fine.

You have responded to a person that is Impersonating me - this website
in that link is a pirate website and has nothing to do with Microsoft or
MVP's of any sort.

Twayne

adam said:
Just recently, every few minutes I get windows internet explorer pop
up's and it's driving me mad. It causes whatever I am doing to slow
down while it is opening up.

Where has it suddenly come from and how do I get rid of it? I have
pop up's switched off.

Thanks

I'd say there is an extremely good chance you have been infected by
malware of some sort. Update & run your AV of course, then run updated
spyware detectors & see what they find. One of them will likely find a
culprit for you. If you're not sure which ones to use or are safe to
use, just ask here; there are a lot of them available. And almost as
many opinions as to which ones are best<g>.
It's a good idea to have at least 3 of them in your arsenal since as
of yet there is no single one that detects them all. Actually it's not
likley there ever will be a single one for all cases; it's a huge
market. Each has their strenghts and weakness w/r to what/how they're
designed.

HTH,

Twayne

Jose

Leythos wrote:

: > Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
: > Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
: >http://www.ms-mvp.org/
: >
:
: I use Firefox has a built in popup blocker along with
: the AddBlock configurable addon.  Works fine.

The OP was asked for more information about the problem and did not
reply.

Scanning software was suggested as step one. A good place to start.

Firefox was suggested as an option after step one was complete.

The OP has not responded to any requests for information or results of
any suggestions.

If the suggestions are followed, the browsing experience will probably
improve!

Jose