please press 5 to speak to an advisor ...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
At first glance it appears to be genuine:

"Due to government changes in the law you are now entitled to write off about 90% of your debt - you do not need to pay the full amount.
Press 5 to speak to an advisor..."

or something similar

DO NOT PRESS 5 TO SPEAK TO AN ADVISOR!!!

... it's a con, and, you may be charged for the "call/ring-back" service.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I can't even begin to remember how many of these calls along credit card protections scams I was getting. In the end I had to get my phone number changed only for it to all start up again a few months later. Now land line phone is in the bottowm draw.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Found THIS on how to block these numbers. Just scroll down the page to " Reporting "

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Due to government changes in the law you are now entitled to write off about 90% of your debt - you do not need to pay the full amount.

Apparently Clegg and Cameron rang but they were turned down. :lol::lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've been getting a lot of these but they seem to have dried up now. I always opted to speak to an advisor and on connection I'd either be extremely rude like saying **** off you **** or wind them up and waste their time, which was more fun, albeit less satisfying.

They are evil, right up there with those despicable creeps trawling for insurance claims - up against the wall with the lot of 'em :mad:

Think I might have to buy me's a referee's whistle if they start again... ;)

Ask a Question