Please Please Please Help...

Reaction score
There is a task called msdtc.exe running and its taking up 100% of the memory. The problem is it's not letting me run any applications or even log off and shut down! None of the start-up applications are running. When I click a .exe file it doesn't open. Is msdtc.exe spyware? Can anyone help???

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
msdtc.exe is the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator. The process is loaded into the system by Microsoft Personal Web Server and Microsoft SQL Server. The service is used to manage transactions across multiple servers.

Reaction score
I know. But it's not letting me run any other applications. I cannot kill the task in the task manager. I am pretty sure its spyware. :mad:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The problem is it's not letting me run any applications or even log off and shut down!

Turn machine off at power socket and reboot machine....

Reaction score
I didn't have msconfig because I have Win 2000, so I downloaded it and opened it. I unchecked the msdtc.exe file under services, but when I clicked 'apply', msconfig just freezes. I tried doing this to another service, when I click apply it freezes.

Ask a Question