Help Please!!

Reaction score
I have recently experienced a complete meltdown of my laptop. Everytime i try to turn it on, first it says i had a problem with the last logoff and it gave me choices like safe startup, regular, etc., and no matter what i choose, it starts logging on, and before i can see the background on the desktop, it says registry error c000028 and then goes black and trys to log on again, with the same thing happening over and over again. I sat at my desk for about a half hour trying everything i could. It wont even get to the desktop!! What do i do? Is there a way to wipe the computer with its power off? How can i fix this horrible problem?
Info on my laptop: It's a 2001 IBM Thinkpad t30 its really old it runs Windows XP Professional.
Some one please help me with this horrible problem.

Reaction score
ghshocky said:
I have recently experienced a complete meltdown of my laptop. Everytime i try to turn it on, first it says i had a problem with the last logoff and it gave me choices like safe startup, regular, etc., and no matter what i choose, it starts logging on, and before i can see the background on the desktop, it says registry error c000028 and then goes black and trys to log on again, with the same thing happening over and over again. I sat at my desk for about a half hour trying everything i could. It wont even get to the desktop!! What do i do? Is there a way to wipe the computer with its power off? How can i fix this horrible problem?
Info on my laptop: It's a 2001 IBM Thinkpad t30 its really old it runs Windows XP Professional.
Some one please help me with this horrible problem.

Repair install

Welcome to the forum....:wave:

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Repair install

Welcome to the forum....:wave:

I think you have welcome to the forum just waiting in your clipboard MadX....where's them pics??LOL
How do you do a repair install if it wont start up ?? In the Bios ??
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Set it to boot from CD/DVD in the BIOS.
Insert the Windows Media in the Drive before boot (I usually do this whilst in the BIOS).
Let it boot.
It will say to press a key to boot from media... do so.
During the process that you normally see for doing a fresh instal there is an option for a repair, do this.

Hope it helps.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
JaLing said:
Set it to boot from CD/DVD in the BIOS.
Insert the Windows Media in the Drive before boot (I usually do this whilst in the BIOS).
Let it boot.
It will say to press a key to boot from media... do so.
During the process that you normally see for doing a fresh instal there is an option for a repair, do this.

Hope it helps.

You do not get a REPAIR option on a XP Pro CD when you put the cd in the pc. ;)

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
You do not get a REPAIR option on a XP Pro CD when you put the cd in the pc. ;)

With Vista ya dont get a windows disc so i dont have any disc to insert i'm afraid....what i did get was a MS works 2007 disc and i have never even opened that...dont even know whats on it to be honest.
Dont think its for repairs though LOL
Zzzzz

Ask a Question