Windows XP Please help me about win server 2003.

Reaction score
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]Hi all, [/FONT]

[FONT=MS Pゴシック]My Domain controller (win server 2003) having a error "The directory service has exhausted the pool of relative identifiers". And I verify them by "dcdiag /v /test:ridmanager" command. And under is result[/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]:[/FONT][FONT=MS Pゴシック]Starting test: RidManager[/FONT][FONT=MS Pゴシック][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]* Available RID Pool for the Domain is 2130 to 1073741823[/FONT][FONT=MS Pゴシック][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]* server1.sorimachi.com is the RID Master[/FONT][FONT=MS Pゴシック][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]* DsBind with RID Master was successful[/FONT][FONT=MS Pゴシック][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]* rIDAllocationPool is 1130 to 1629[/FONT][FONT=MS Pゴシック][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]* rIDPreviousAllocationPool is 1130 to 1629[/FONT][FONT=MS Pゴシック][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]* rIDNextRID: 1629[/FONT][FONT=MS Pゴシック][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]* Warning :Next rid pool not allocated[/FONT][FONT=MS Pゴシック][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]* Warning :There is less than 0% available RIDs in the current pool[/FONT][FONT=MS Pゴシック] ......................... SERVER1 passed test RidManager[/FONT]

[FONT=MS Pゴシック]We see: Next rid pool not allocated.[/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]So i want to change the rIDAllocationPool to larger.[/FONT][FONT=MS Pゴシック]How can to change it or how to fix the error, please help me![/FONT][FONT=MS Pゴシック][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]Thankyou so much.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not much of a server person, but you could try this old post here and see if it helps.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Everything that I google for your error indicates that the RID master is not available.

Have you verified that your DC can connect to the RID master? Or are they on the same box?

What are you doing to get/find this error?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Everything that I google for your error indicates that the RID master is not available.

Have you verified that your DC can connect to the RID master? Or are they on the same box?

What are you doing to get/find this error?
My system has only a DC, and i had checked master role, all are right.
You can see under image:
masterrole.png

And I receive error " The directory service has exhausted the pool of relative identifiers" when i create a new user or when i join a PC to domain. And the result is fail.
If you want more info to troubleshoot , please tell me about what you want.
Thanks,

Ask a Question