PLEASE! HELP-Fostex MR-8 uploading to PC

Reaction score
I have done this before (it's been a few months), but I am a NOVICE. I'm trying to help a friend. The manual states that once I connect and turn on my PC and the MR-8, I can open "my computer" and I'll see a "removable disc" drive there (sent from the MR-8), but there's no such thing. Like I said, I've done this before, don't recall what things looked like, but I was successful. Am I S.O.L., ignorant, or both??? ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

GOT IT. Manual left out important instruction.

Last edited:

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Is it connected via USB? And were there any driver discs provided with the Fostex?

Reaction score
No drivers included. Supposed to "automatic", and I'm 98% certain it was the first time. I spoke to a knowledgable friend on the phone last night, and he thinks it's probably a bad USB cable! I hope so. I'm going to swap it out here in a bit. If this is the case, I'll REALLY feel like a BOOB! It won't be the first time! If not.......well who knows. IF ANYONE has seen this (with a good cable) please let me know. THANKS!

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Don't worry about it mate, it happens to all of us!:blush:

Let us know how you get on, good luck:thumb:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
if your running XP then it should be working, anything older desn't work with the 'automatic' thing

Reaction score
XP Pro, yes. I'm going to try a new cable. Hopefully that's it. ANYONE ELSE know what I should if it's NOT a bad USB cable??????

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
boburst said:
XP Pro, yes. I'm going to try a new cable. Hopefully that's it. ANYONE ELSE know what I should if it's NOT a bad USB cable??????
A bad USB port ... hope not. ;)

Reaction score
All's Well

Thanks to all. The manual doesn't tell you (me) to hit the YES button once you've assigned it to USB. What stupidity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
boburst said:
Thanks to all. The manual doesn't tell you (me) to hit the YES button once you've assigned it to USB. What stupidity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah, yet another "undocumented feature"! :)

I take it that the problem is now fully resolved?

Ask a Question