please be gentle

SRF

Reaction score
"BUT why not build one your self "

Now there's a plan. I have plenty of time on my hands during the cold weather. I have had the back off an old desk top a few years ago and replaced a faulty modem successfully. I'll get a Haynes book and take it from there. It's nice to have a good forum for back up. I restore classic cars when the weather is better and I am a member of a couple of excellent forums. The information available is invaluable.

Reaction score
:thumb:There are on line suppliers of the parts that you will require which will be cheaper than or large multipull stores, I have no doubt that members of PCR will give you good ones that they use, mine is www.aria.co.uk but there many others . The first thing is what do you want to do with your home PC is it to recieve emails, serf the web, store music, films, photo's ets or is it also wanted to play games etc. Post on this site what you want the PC to do and you will get sugestions what hardware and software you will need to get, then you can price the items and make a decision which suppliers to use purchase Remember you can build a basic PC and up grade hardware as you go along when your budget will allow. For example get a good motherboard with onboard and video card and sound card but for example you are then able to upgrade the sound card and VGA card at a later date. I hope this helps. Good luck we are looking forward to the questions you are going to throw at us:D

Last edited:

Ask a Question