Plain text to HTML/Rich Text

My boss wants to add his graphic signature (its a .gif file) to ALL emails he
sends out. The problem is, after updating to 2003, some emails will allow
this (the HTML/Rich Text) while others won't (Plain Text). Because many of
the emails he receives are Plain Text, how can I easily have these converted
to HTML so the signature will show? Or is there an alternative for showing
..gif files in plain text email?

He is unwilling (stubborn) to simply click on the format button and change
it from Plain Text to HTML. He wants this to happen automatically.

PS. This message should not take me 100 tries to get it posted. The new
Newsgroups look really is horrible, as I can't post anything without trying
for 30 minutes.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

He may be stubbon, but what he has in mind is really a bad idea.
Correspondents who send plain text messages and get back replies in HTML
with gratuitous graphics may be offended.

FYI, the posting error messages are usually red herrings. Next time, try
posting once, then refreshing the display after a few minutes to see if your
post "took."

Along with posting your judgement as to good/bad ideas,
how about answering his questions?
1- is there an alternative for showing .gif files in
plain text?
2 - how can he set up so all replies are automatically
html?

I am also interested in the answers. I have a boss
demanding the same thing. I know it is a bad idea, and a
waste of mailbox space, but it's what he wants.
Also I could apply these answers to other things I want
to do with automatic setup of replies.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

1) No. Plain text is plain text, period. Any graphics go as attachments.

2) There is no such setting.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of