Plain Text replies do not work as expected

J

Joel Finkel

Problem:
When using Word to reply to a Plain Text message, it is sent as HTML and paragrahps are set to 0pt before/12pt after.
When using Word to compose a new Plain Text message, it is sent correctly as Plain Text sans HTML.

Description:
The problem is only manifested when replying to a message.
Setting the message format of the reply to Plain Text does not work as expected: it is still sent as HTML with this offending code, which sets parapgraphs innapropriately:

p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
{margin-top:0in;
margin-right:0in;
margin-bottom:12.0pt;
margin-left:0in;
text-align:justify;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Courier New";
color:windowtext;}

More information:
I open a Plain Text message, sent to me by someone.
I reply to it.
I note that it appears to be double-spaced.
I change the the message format to HTML and see that the paragraph style is set to to 0pt before/12pt after.
I change the paragraph style to 0pt before/12pt after.
I change the message format back to Plain Text, and the paragraphs are reset to 0pt before/12pt after.
The reply is sent as an HTML message.

Question:
How can I reply to messages in real Plain Text (no HTML code) when using Word as the Outlook editor?
Why is a Plain Text reply including HTML is the first place?

Thanks,
Joel Finkel
(e-mail address removed)

J

Joel Finkel

Is there no one with a suggestion?
Problem:
When using Word to reply to a Plain Text message, it is sent as HTML and paragrahps are set to 0pt before/12pt after.
When using Word to compose a new Plain Text message, it is sent correctly as Plain Text sans HTML.

Description:
The problem is only manifested when replying to a message.
Setting the message format of the reply to Plain Text does not work as expected: it is still sent as HTML with this offending code, which sets parapgraphs innapropriately:

p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
{margin-top:0in;
margin-right:0in;
margin-bottom:12.0pt;
margin-left:0in;
text-align:justify;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Courier New";
color:windowtext;}

More information:
I open a Plain Text message, sent to me by someone.
I reply to it.
I note that it appears to be double-spaced.
I change the the message format to HTML and see that the paragraph style is set to to 0pt before/12pt after.
I change the paragraph style to 0pt before/12pt after.
I change the message format back to Plain Text, and the paragraphs are reset to 0pt before/12pt after.
The reply is sent as an HTML message.

Question:
How can I reply to messages in real Plain Text (no HTML code) when using Word as the Outlook editor?
Why is a Plain Text reply including HTML is the first place?

Thanks,
Joel Finkel
(e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question