Plain screen after login...

Harrison Midkiff

Hello:

I have a strange problem. I have a user who logs into a server. He gets
the logon screen and enters his user name and password. Next he gets a
plain blue screen. They never get the task bar or anything else.
Ctrl-Alt-Del does not work either. I completely deleted the profile and he
still got the same thing? I tried deleting the "Default User" folder,
rebooted the server, copied a known good profile over the "Default User",
but he still got the same thing. I even tried logging in as a new user but
still got the same thing.

I think I am dealing with some kind of a profile issue? Does anyone have
any ideas?

Harrison Midkiff

Harrison Midkiff

Hello:

I may have resolved my problem. Reference TechNet article 162031 "Blank
Screen or Operating System Cannot Load Profile at Logon". According to the
article it is a permissions problem.

I have 3 servers exhibiting this problem. So far I fixed one. I will let
you know for the others.

Harrison Midkiff

Jason Tan

Hi Harrison,

Thanks for your update! I am glad to hear that you have found the solution
to the issue and already fixed one server. If you have any questions or
concerns in the future, please feel free to post back. I am glad to be of
further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support